Explore White Bear The land of the lakes and legends

about us  |  contact us  |  home

Upcoming Events
View Event Calendar



Local Publications

White Bear Press

The White Bear Lake Press is published by Press Publications, located in White Bear Lake. It is distributed to 19,310 homes in White Bear Lake, White Bear Township, Mahtomedi, Hugo, Grant, Birchwood, Dellwood, Willernie, Gem Lake, and Pine Springs.
Visit their website.

White Bear Lake, MN Farmers Market
Local News

 

WBL Top 5 Finalist 'Best MN Town'

Friday, November 2nd, 2018

Greenspring Media and Minnesota Monthly announce the Top 5 finalists in its second annual Best MN Town Search: Eden Prairie, Fergus Falls, Northfield, Roseville and White Bear Lake.

Which town best embodies the "Spirit of Minnesota?" That's the question Minnesota Monthly seeks to answer. Earlier this summer, hundreds of towns were contacted with the opportunity to enter this year's Minnesota Monthly "Best MN Town Search."

Dozens of towns heeded the call and submitted impassioned entries that included details on the town's history, geographic and cultural challenges and opportunities, beloved landmarks, diversity, community events and resources, and outstanding citizens, as well as photos and videos.

A Top Ten was chosen. The public was given the chance to vote online for their favorite town. This public vote made up 25% of the score for each finalist. The remaining 75% was determined by the Minnesota Monthly editorial board and a panel which included Doug Loon, president of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce; Rick Kupchella, Informed Engagement Network; and Kate Roberts, senior exhibitor developer for the Minnesota Historical Society.

The winner will be announced in person at Minnesota Monthly's "Best of Minnesota Party" on December 5, 2018 from 6 - 10 p.m. at Aria (105 N. 1st St., Minneapolis). Tickets are $50, available online in advance at BestMNParty.com or at the door

The winner of the Minnesota Monthly Best MN Town Search will receive a multi-page editorial feature, an advertising campaign valued at more than $50,000, and a party in their town.

For more information on the Best MN Town Search, visit BestMNTown.com.